First splash in the Melbourne bath!



So finally really lucky to realize that my friend Lewina, which I met in Bolivia last year was back in Australia and leaves in Melbourne! Just when I was wondering which place I should stay on my arrival during my 10 hours lay over in KL... The message from her on fb pop off: " I am in Melbourne, you can stay with Me!" Perfect timing then. 
She picked me up at the airport, then show me my room! A big queen bed so comfy , my own space, until whenever I want to stay... Ok, it is close from the airport so a little bit far from the city, but so nice to be here, staying in a family home and not an hostel surrounding  with the youth on WHV (working holiday visa). 

Le petit chien de la maison, trop mignon! T'as vu papa c'est un Regan :) (pour les autres j'avais le même étant petite) et oui, il fut un temps ou j'étais un peu plus chien... Enfin, coup de bol, celui là je l'aime beaucoup hehe!

And finally my Australian life began! 
Strait after leaving my backpack in the room I putted my swim sweat on and we ended to the city beach in Melbourne. Not the nicest beach but a cool neibourghhood to start my journey here: St Kilda bayside. I try to go to swim, but the water here is so cold compare to the warm Indian ocean in Sri Lanka! So I just ended with my legs in. 
People here are playing cricket on the beach, I didn't know cricket was so popular in Australia. Maybe this is the thing who can link my last 3 countries actually. Nepal, Sri Lanka, Australia: cricket was one of the main sport in each of those countries (and driving the opposite side of the road of course!)
The sky started to be covered and a nice light came down from the clouds on the water... Apparently it was from the chemical sprees in the air.... not so nice.

Time to go to eat something now. So we walk around st Kilda and ended in a fancy veggie restaurant: pinot noir and spring roll, it remembered me a little beat my Seattle time.








28h de trajet sans dormir ou presque et quelques heures de plus... On manque un peu de fraîcheur!


After my long journey and this short city loop... I felt so tired. I ended in the train and try to stay awake but finally felt asleep. How lucky I was! I opened my eyes and realized that I arrived at my station. Doors were opened, I wasn't completely sure of the name of the station but decided to get out of the train quickly. And I was right. I asked the police officer if there was a bus going my way, and twice lucky, it was the last bus in 3 minutes. Midnight bus! 
When I get off the bus I hopped that I stopped I the right bus stop, I walked into the dark and tried to remember where was the house. I finally arrived, felt asleep right away after almost two days without sleeping! 
And that night was a long one 14 hours sleeping! So, for my second day in Melbourne I had like a nice Sunday afternoon eating, chilling, reading, I missed my appointment with Lewina then... And when I finally be able to reach the internet from the neighbor (no internet at home!) I learned about the attack against "Charlie Hebdo" It is still difficult to realize that it is really happened! Here, it was the all night long on the TV news, showing people meeting, in Paris but also Sydney, Melbourne... Everywhere in the world the French community was in one voice with "je suis Charlie".


Today I met Lewina at Fil station, in the center off Melbourne, we walk around the city and ended  
having sushi, coffee, and talked a lot too... And I realized that there was a free salsa class on Paul St. So we danced for 2 hours, and we had a really good time there!










Around 9pm I decided to go back home because I didn't want to be too late like the first night in the dark street, I already memorized my way to go, the stop to get off... 
Let the adventure beggin!

Une fois encore, j'ai bien regardé les saisons et suis arrivée en plein été australe... Mais va savoir, il caille et il pleut depuis mon arrivée... Comme un arrière goût du séjour au Sri Lanka! (Je me mets bientôt au boulot pour raconter le périple du mois dernier ;))

@ Melbourne, Australia

Ps: petit message personnel à Véro, je pense que tu vas adorer le cours d'anglais ;) avec j'espère pas trop d'erreur hihihi!

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Sur la vague... Puerto Lopez

Hong Kong Star: 4 days

Mon nouveau blog de voyage